Just because the weather outside is frightful, doesn’t mean your vacation plans have to be! There are plenty of great places to travel to during the winter months. Here are 5 of our favorites:
- Aspen, Colorado – Aspen is a prime destination for winter travelers who love to ski and snowboard. With four different mountains to choose from, there’s something for everyone. And when you’re done hitting the slopes, you can enjoy all that Aspen has to offer, from shopping on main street to dining at one of the many great restaurants.
- Quebec City, Canada – If you’re looking for a charming European-style city to explore, look no further than Quebec City. With its cobblestone streets and quaint cafes, it’s the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of daily life. And be sure to visit during February for Carnival, when the city comes alive with parades, ice sculptures, and more!
- Reykjavik, Iceland – Reykjavik may be best known as a summer destination due to its proximity to the Arctic Circle, but it’s also a great place to visit in winter. You can enjoy all the usual tourist activities like sightseeing and whale watching, or opt for something a little more unique like visiting the Icelandic Phallological Museum (yes, that’s a museum dedicated to penises).
- New York City, USA – New York City is bustling any time of year, but there’s something extra magical about it during Christmastime. From ice skating in Rockefeller Center to seeing the Rockettes perform at Radio City Music Hall, there’s no shortage of things to do. Just be sure to bundle up!
- Edinburgh, Scotland – Last but not least is Edinburgh, Scotland. This vibrant city is home to Edinburgh Castle, one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country. It’s also a great place to enjoy some traditional Scottish fare like haggis (if you’re feeling brave) or shortbread cookies (if you’re not).
There are plenty of great places to travel during the winter months – you just have to know where to look! Whether you’re interested in skiing or snowboarding in Aspen or exploring a charming European-style city like Quebec City, there’s sure to be a destination on this list that’s perfect for you. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your winter getaway today!