Welcome back to part two of our list continuing the ten greatest ways to turn your van into a home on the road. This list also can apply to cars or anything you use to travel the great open road.
Tip #06: Hang some art
- Another way to personalize your van is by hanging some art on the walls. This can be anything from photos and posters to tapestries and paintings. Get creative and let your personality shine through!
Tip #07: Install lighting
- Lighting is important for both function and ambiance. If you’re going to be spending any time in your van, it’s worth installing some lights. You can go with something simple like LED strips or get more elaborate with pendant lights or sconces. Just make sure you have enough light to see what you’re doing!
Tip #08: Add some privacy
- If you’re going to be spending any time in your van, it’s important to have some privacy. This can be achieved in a number of ways, but our favorite is to install curtains around the windows. You can also use blackout shades or blinds if you want something that’s more permanent. Another option is to build a privacy screen – this can be as simple as a piece of plywood or even just a blanket hung up on a clothesline!
Tip #09: Soundproofing
- If you plan on spending any significant amount of time in your van, soundproofing is a must! There are a few different ways to go about this, but our favorite is to use sound-deadening material. This is a special type of insulation that’s designed to reduce noise. You can find it online or at your local hardware store.
Tip #10: Keep it clean!
- Last but not least, don’t forget to keep your van clean! This will help you feel more comfortable and also prevent the spread of germs. A good rule of thumb is to tidy up every day and do a deep clean once a week. This doesn’t have to be anything fancy – just make sure everything has its place and there’s no clutter around.
We hope you found these tips helpful! Please share in the comments below any ideas you may have to make your van or car feel like home on the road.