If you’ve been considering the van life trend, now is the time to take the plunge! With a little bit of creativity and some basic carpentry skills, you can turn your van into a comfortable home on the road. In this blog post, we will discuss 10 ways to make your van feel like home. Whether you’re a digital nomad looking for a new way to travel or you just want to downsize your lifestyle, these tips will help you make the most of your van living experience!
Tip #01: Create a cozy sleeping area
- One of the most important aspects of van life is creating a comfortable sleeping area. If you’re not comfortable, you’re not going to enjoy your time on the road! There are a few different ways to go about this, but our favorite is to build a simple platform bed. This will give you a place to put your mattress and also provide extra storage underneath. You can also add some curtains around the bed for privacy and insulation.
Tip #02: Add plenty of storage
- When you’re living in a van, space is limited so it’s important to make use of every nook and cranny. One way to do this is by adding lots of storage! If you’re a handy person, you can build your own cabinets and shelves. If not, there are plenty of ready-made storage solutions available online or at your local hardware store. Get creative and think about how you can utilize every square inch of space in your van.
Tip #03: Install a kitchen
- If you plan on doing any cooking while on the road, it’s important to have a functional kitchen area. This doesn’t mean that you need a full-sized oven and fridge (although that would be nice!), but rather just enough counter space and storage for basic meal prep. Again, there are many different ways to approach this depending on your needs and budget. You could install a simple sink and countertop or go all out with a full kitchen setup.
Tip #04: Create a living area
- Just because you’re living in a van doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your comfort! Dedicate some space in your van for a cozy living area. This is where you can relax, watch TV, work on your laptop, or just enjoy the view. If you have the space, we recommend adding a small couch or futon. Otherwise, bean bag chairs or floor cushions are also great options.
Tip #05: Add some greenery
- One way to make your van feel more like home is to add some plants! Not only do they look nice, but they also help purify the air and improve your mood. If you don’t have a green thumb, don’t worry – there are plenty of low-maintenance options out there. succulents and cacti are always a good choice.
These are the first five tips for making your new van be like home. Tomorrow we will be releasing part two to this list.
Thanks for reading and be sure to check back tomorrow for part two!